Thursday, November 19, 2009

P90X is Awesome for Triathletes!

Recently I started doing the P90X program and so I quit triathlon training for the first 30 days. No running, no swimming, no biking, nothing. After the first 30 days on P90X I had lost about 12 lbs and 3% body fat! This is more weight and fat than I have ever lost even when training for a half Iron race! I specifically tailored the P90X program to tone muscle and lose fat, instead of gaining bulk. Because P90X is circuit training that is intense and doesn't let up, it builds cardiovascular endurance and strength at the same time, which is key to an awesome triathlon experience. I found that when I started to run again, I was running faster, and at a lower heart rate than EVER BEFORE. This is not a joke. P90X has changed my life, and I'm getting more ripped than even when I was in High school. I'm only at 60 days in right now, so I don't want to show the "After" picture yet, but it's on it's way (mid Dec). I can't wait to get back to Triathlon next season with my new stronger, more fit body. If you want to try it out, go to GettyFit.com and Get Fit with Getty Fit Not Convinced? Read my latest eHow article on Running faster without running or watch this video

No comments:

Post a Comment